Fredericton Came to Visit

 I am soooo motivated right now I  can hardly sit still....so bear with me.  I apologize right away....the biggest lie I tell myself is I don't need to write that down , I will remember it.....names have totally left me.  Those I recognize I will, of course tell you....however, I can tell you about the quilts and the projects....hey, I must be a quilter...lol...
Anyway. this is a project done using hand dyed fabrics....no wonder , she got such beautiful shades.
The lady on the rights is also called Gail....we had four of us in attendance.  This beautiful quilt  is done in batiks...soo gorgeous.
 This lady is Kay....she's also a Newf and did my heart good to hear that home accent that only a  fellow Newf would recognize.
 Valerie blew us away with her miniature. Those are teeny-tiny houses all around the outside  border and fire colours in the centre.  Amazing!!
 Lois...on the right saw this at a retreat, rushed home and reproduced it...(I know, too many R's) Isn't it stunning...makes you just want to get to a fabric store and buy those black/white and red fabrics and get busy....
Vivian is helping Joyce show her tee shirt quilt...all the shirts came from Manila ...they are gorgeous and a wonderful keepsake...
 A bear....isn't it just fabulous....made with fabric and tiny pieces....topstitched and then coloured with threads and oh my, he's a handsome boy..(assuming it is a boy).  I understand she has done wolves as well...so talented!
 She called it a leftover from a quilt project...I call it wonderful...I could do that!....I doubt  if my colours would be as wonderful, but I could give it a try....how about you?
 Someone's backyard...painting on fabric...what a wonderful idea AND you cannot see it in this picture but the quilting is amazing!
The faux cathedral window...circles with the sides sewn down to form squares. It is a quilt as you go and a great project to take along with you if you want to hand sew.  I understand this one was supposed to go to a new grandchild that turned into twins instead of just one and perhaps another type of quilt will be made for the twins....
 A little bit of whimsy....."Give Me all your buttons and nobody gets hurt."  Can we all empathize with her....I know I can...
Attic windows scrappy style....great idea for an "I Spy" quilt.
 A Jeanny Doan pattern.....sailboats...very nautical.
I caught Jean turning her wonderful quilted jacket inside out to show that it actually is reversible.  It was stunning and the hit of the day...we , now , all want to make one....going to have to figure out how to go about it.
This, too, is reversible  a quilter's delight on one side and the inside is for those non-quilting days....not that I ever have one of those.
Beautiful depiction of an African tree....Jean lived in Africa for four years and this is her reminder.
 Jean is now working on silks with embellishments and this was a beautiful example.
Only in New Brunswick.  The challenge was "Spring...outside of the box" and this is the result....a pot hole!!!  Inside the car is the quilter and her two cats...what a fun project!
 Gail showed us her file folder...great for holding all those pattern instructions...has a handle and zipper....maybe this Gail should get in gear and make one of those, too.....hint, hint!!
 Christmas preparation...not too early, I say. Going to be sweet when all done.
Lil' Twister was another big hit.  Plus that curvy border...we gotta get these girls down here to Sussex to show us how to make these...they are so very striking.
The five minute block...a great technique(on you tube) and the quilting was done by machine after a class with Gail Mitchell....she's booked to show us how.
Sue Robertson made this great quilt for an engineer....even the backing had numbers on it.
 Monica (she's the lady that actually made the reversible jacket that Jean was wearing) made this wonderful quilt...the batiks were perfect.
Linda showed her Lil" Twister bag...I understand she likes blue...

 From here to the next write-up are the ladies modelling their adult bibs and placemats that they made for a senior's home in Fredericton. We now have some wonderful ideas for ours...right ladies???










 This great quilts is a "Grandma's Special" It's called "E-I-E-I-O" and , of course, it is Old MacDonald had a farm and depicts all the animals with their sounds.  What a super idea!
 This picture belongs with the other pictures of Jean...these are some of her African fabrics.
 Hexagons and more Hexagons all hand pieced and appliqued.  Gorgeous...patience would be a good name for the quilt..
Simple design, beautiful batiks and a wonderful table runner is created.

Well that's all the pictures that I took...it was a great day...we had lots of food and an inspiring look at the Fredericton Quilt Guilds activities.  We got in three tables of Strip Poker and , I apologize to Fredericton that they never got to take home any of our fabric strips; however, we were delighted to keep some of yours.  Next fall you have the opportunity to win the bragging rights for a whole year.....well, maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 5, 2023 Lunch at All Seasons Inn and Restaurant

President's Challenge May 2021

Show and Tell February 13, 2024