Sewin' & Chattin'

I forgot my camera....wouldn't you know it. So I asked DH if he would be so kind as to bring it to me before he went out on his treks...like the sweetie  he is, he brought it along and then, of course, he just had to tease the quilters some. Even his sister can't keep him quiet...he's a terrible tease.
Here's Carolyn Lockhart , probably telling me, just like the rest of us, she hates having her picture taken. If you will notice, her sewing machine is a Brother...the old models used to be known for their reliability and looks like the new ones have inherited that trait...it has some really nice features.
Judy Steeves, like myself, is a die-hard Pfaff person. She came in the morning with the intention of staying only a short while and ended up staying most of the day....took her project home to finish, though. I imagine we will see it at show and tell next meeting day.
 This is Jean Thompson, industriously cutting fabric and batting for the sewers. Isn't that a gorgeous vest she's wearing. She always comes to guild with the nicest quilted clothing...such good taste.
 Susan Snyder working away on her cuddle quilt...what a happy smile...wonder if she whistles while she works.
 There's that DH of mine, bugging Gilliane  while she is busy ironing the flannel handles for my anti-ouch pouches. Obviously, he didn't upset her too much, she doesn't look annoyed and she continued to assist me in my endeavours. If I had known having an assistant would be so much fun, I would have put her to work ages ago.
 I caught ReBecca with the light shining on one side and got a shadow on the other side. She was lucky, she got one of the sturdier tables to sew on plus she got some bright sunlight to aid her vision.  Not only that , she got to spread her 'stuff' all around on the big table.  Wonder who she paid off?
And here's the lady that keeps us all organized. Ethel Raymond came with fabric, some precut and ready to sew and then she organized the fabric not all ready cut ...got us just whirring away on our machines in no time.  Always a pleasure to see that sweet smile. We had a great day....should have some pictures of all our efforts soon. It's always a fun thing to do, sewing and chatting....a cup of tea now and then didn't hurt either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

President's Challenge May 2021

December 5, 2023 Lunch at All Seasons Inn and Restaurant

Show and Tell February 13, 2024